Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Application; Inspection Fee: Before beginning work on any electrical wiring or installation for light, heat or power, written application must be made to the code enforcement department (the application shall be signed by a licensed electrical contractor) on blank forms furnished by the city, for electrical wiring and/or installation permits for each and every wiring installation. The applicant shall pay to the city clerk the inspection fee certified by the code enforcement department as follows:
1. Residential and commercial:
For each 100 amperes in excess of 300 amperes, the fee shall be $10.00.
2. For an amperage increase on a service change, the fee shall be computed from subsection A1 of this section for the amount of the increase only.
3. Temporary service pole, ten dollars ($10.00).
4. Minimum inspection charge, ten dollars ($10.00).
5. Additional inspection required to be made by the inspector on incomplete or unapproved work, ten dollars ($10.00).
B. Fee Doubled: Work that is started before a permit is acquired, the fee will be doubled.
C. Display Of Permit Number: The number of the electrical permit shall be posted conspicuously on the premises concerned so that it can easily be seen. (Ord. 1541, 11-7-2011)