Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The following is a partial list of facilities which ordinarily will require a reduced-pressure principal backflow prevention assembly (RP) or an air gap in accordance with the ASPC. Requirements are based upon the degree of hazard afforded the public potable water system
(1) Automatic car washes.
(2) Auxiliary water systems (interconnected with the public water system).
(3) Exterminators and veterinary clinics.
(4) Facilities with boilers, condenser water or chilled water systems.
(5) Fire systems containing chemical additives.
(6) Hospitals, medical clinics, dental clinics, health clinics, sanitariums, morgues, mortuaries, autopsy facilities, nursing and convalescent homes.
(7) Irrigation systems and lawn sprinkler systems.
(8) Laboratories (industrial, commercial, photography, medical and school).
(9) Commercial laundries.
(10) Radiator and battery shops.
(11) Restricted, classified or other facilities closed to inspection.
(12) Sand, gravel and concrete plants.
(13) Wastewater treatment plants, pump stations and storm water pumping facilities.
(14) Marinas and dockside facilities.
(15) Commercial swimming pools.
(16) Commercial farms using pesticides and herbicides.
(17) Establishments holding livestock for sale or slaughter including cattle, horses, hogs, poultry, emus, ostriches, llamas, rabbits, etc.
(18) Others (with suspected high hazards).
(B) The following is a partial list of facilities which ordinarily will require a minimum of a double check valve assembly (DC) or an air gap in accordance with the ASPC:
(1) Tall buildings (over four stories) or any buildings with water booster pumps.
(2) Beauty parlors and barber shops.
(3) Hotels and motels.
(4) Restaurants, cafeterias, fast-food marts and other food handling facilities.
(5) Fire sprinkler systems (without chemicals).
(6) Others (with suspected medium hazards).
(Ord. 2014-11-484, passed 11-4-14)