(a)   Any person claiming to be aggrieved by a discriminatory practice may file with the commission on human relations a verified written complaint which shall state the name and address of each person complained against (respondent) and shall set forth the pertinent facts as known to the complainant. Whenever the commission has information indicating that any person has discriminated, it may issue and file a verified complaint.
   (b)   The city may, however, dismiss a complaint if the complainant fails to state a claim upon which relief can be granted or if the city determines the complaint has been abandoned or withdrawn.
(1957 Rev. Ords., § 2.1807 ; 1972 Code, § 13-29; 1992 Code, § 21.5-29) (Ord. 2700, passed 8-17-1970; Ord. 55-76, passed 6-21-1976; Ord. 89-01, passed 10-9-2001)