Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Except as provided in this section, a person shall not ignite, discharge, or use consumer fireworks at any time.
(B) A person may ignite, discharge, or use consumer fireworks in the city on the following days after 11:00 a.m.:
(1) December 31 until 1:00 a.m. on January 1;
(2) The Saturday and Sunday immediately preceding Memorial Day until 11:45 p.m. on each of those days;
(3) June 29 to July 4 until 11:45 p.m. on each of those days.
(4) July 5, if that date is a Friday or Saturday, until 11:45 p.m; and
(5) The Saturday and Sunday immediately preceding Labor Day until 11:45 p.m. on each of those days.
(C) A person who violates this section shall be responsible for a municipal civil infraction and subject to a civil fine of $1,000, with $500 remitted to the city for enforcing this section pursuant to M.C.L.A. § 28.457(3).
(Ord. 130909-1, passed 9-9-2013; Am. Ord. 190325-1, passed 3-25-2019)