Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1. Solid Waste Accumulations: It shall be unlawful for any person, owner or occupant of any building, lot or premises in the city to suffer, allow or permit the accumulation of solid waste of any description to become or remain offensive, unsightly or unsafe to public health or hazardous from fire, or to deposit, transport, keep, accumulate or permit or cause any solid waste to be deposited, placed or accumulated upon any lot or parcel of land, or any public or private container, place, street, land, alley or driveway except in the manner prescribed in this chapter.
2. Illegal Use Of Containers: It shall be unlawful for any person to deposit refuse into containers, bins, or roll off containers which are not assigned to the property at which the refuse is generated.
3. Illegal Collection Or Removal Of Recyclables: It shall be unlawful for any person, other than the city or the city's designee, to collect or remove materials which have been segregated for the purpose of recycling and placed in a designated recycling receptacle.
4. Placing Prohibited Materials In Recycling Receptacles: It shall be unlawful for any person to willingly place any materials in the recycling receptacles that do not meet the criteria defined under section 13-2 of this chapter.
5. Taking Or Pilfering Of Recyclables: It shall be unlawful for any person to take or pilfer, for his/her own use or benefit:
a. The recyclables of any other person.
b. The recyclables from any city operated drop off facilities. Recyclables donated to the drop off facility are considered the property of the city.
6. Refuse Disposal Into Or Near Recycling Drop Off Facilities: It shall be unlawful for any person to dispose of "refuse", as defined under section 13-2 of this chapter, into or around city operated drop off facilities.
B. Nuisance Declared: Each and all of the conditions specified in subsection A of this section constitute a public nuisance, and are unlawful, in violation of this chapter and are subject to immediate abatement by any officer of this city. Any costs associated with enforcement and abatement which the city incurs may be charged to the offending party or property owner for reimbursement.
C. Recycling Location An Individual Choice: Nothing herein shall prohibit a person from selling, giving away, or otherwise legally diverting their own recyclable materials to a location of their choice. (Ord. 1494A, 7-20-1993; Ord. 1615, 10-1-2002)