Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No person shall:
(1) Disobey or resist a lawful writ, process, order, rule, judgment or command of a court or an officer;
(2) As an officer of a court, misbehave in the performance of his or her official duties or in his or her official transactions;
(3) Fail to obey a subpoena duly served, or refuse to be sworn or to answer as a witness when lawfully required;
(4) Rescue, or attempt to rescue, a person or property in the custody of an officer, when such custody is by virtue of an order or process of a court; or
(5) When recognized to appear as a witness in a court, fail to appear in compliance with the terms of his or her recognizance.
(b) No person who has been summoned as provided in Ohio R.C. 2935.10(B) shall, if personal service of the summons was had upon him or her, fail to appear without just cause.
(c) Whoever violates any of the provisions of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree.
(Ord. 1990-25. Passed 8-20-90.)