Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Appointment: The mayor is hereby appointed to implement and administer the provisions of this chapter and will herein be referred to as the administrator.
B. Duties: Duties of the administrator shall include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
1. Review all floodplain development permit applications to assure that the provisions of this chapter will be satisfied.
2. Review floodplain development applications to assure that all necessary permits have been obtained from federal, state and local governmental agencies including approval when required from the department of natural resources for floodplain construction.
3. Record and maintain a record of the elevation (in relation to national geodetic vertical datum) of the lowest floor (including basement) of all new or substantially improved structures.
4. Record and maintain a record of the elevation (in relation to national geodetic vertical datum) to which all new or substantially improved structures have been floodproofed.
5. Notify adjacent communities/counties and the department of natural resources prior to any proposed alteration or relocation of a watercourse and submit evidence of such notifications to the federal emergency management agency.
6. Keep a record of all permits, appeals and such other transactions and correspondence pertaining to the administration of this chapter. (Ord. 2002-104, 8-27-2002)