Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No person shall erect, construct, alter, repair or maintain any building or structure, or use any land, in violation of any of the provisions of this Zoning Code or any regulation enacted pursuant thereto.
(b) No person shall willfully violate any rule or regulation adopted by the Council or the Planning Commission in connection with the administration and enforcement of this Zoning Code.
(c) Unless the Planning Commission has given its prior consent thereto, which shall be confirmed by action of Council, no person shall sell, transfer or change the use of common land, a street, a recreation area, a park or other open land that has been set aside, with the approval of the Planning Commission, for exclusive use, in common, by abutting or other owners or occupants of land.
(d) No person shall:
(1) Use or occupy any land, or place, build, erect, alter, remodel, restore or rebuild thereon any building or structure, or permit any building or structure to remain on such land, or use, occupy or operate such building or structure, in any way or for any use or purpose which is not permitted by the provisions of this Zoning Code;
(2) Aid, assist or participate with any other person in placing, building, erecting, altering, remodeling, restoring or rebuilding any building or structure which is not permitted by the provisions of this Zoning Code;
(3) Violate or fail to perform any condition, stipulation or safeguard set forth in any permit issued pursuant to this Zoning Code, or continue to use or occupy the premises or building as previously authorized by such permit beyond the duration limit therein stated;
(4) Refuse to permit the Building Commissioner or his or her assistant to enter any premises in the City to investigate a reported violation of the provisions of this Zoning Code;
(5) Knowingly make any materially false statement of fact in an application to the Building Commissioner or his or her assistants for a permit or in any plans or specifications submitted in relation to any application under this Zoning Code;
(6) Being an owner or lessee of any premises, knowingly suffer or permit a violation of this Zoning Code to occur or exist on such premises; or
(7) Violate any provision of this Zoning Code for which no penalty is otherwise provided.
(Ord. 1970-232. Passed 9-15-71; Ord 1985-40. Passed 6-5-85.)
(e) No person, when an order to remove or correct any violation of any of the provisions of this Zoning Code, in any building or tract of land in the City, has been served on the owner, agent, lessee or tenant of the building or tract of land, or part thereof, or upon the architect, builder, contractor or any other person who commits or assists in any such violation, shall fail to comply with such order within fifteen days after the service of notice thereof.
(Ord. 1981-153. Passed 11-18-81.)
(f) No person, when an order has been issued by the Building Department and/or the Police Department to remove or correct any violation of this Zoning Code regarding the parking or storage of motor vehicles, shall fail to comply with such order within twenty-four hours after the service of notice thereof.
(Ord. 1980-191. Passed 2-18-81.)