Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) It shall be the policy of the City to promote progressive development of land and construction thereon by encouraging planned unit development to achieve:
(1) A maximum choice of living environments by allowing a variety of housing and building types.
(2) A more useful pattern of open space and recreation areas and, if permitted as part of the project, more convenience in the location of accessory commercial uses and services.
(3) A development pattern which preserves and utilizes natural topography and geologic features, scenic vistas, trees and other vegetation, and prevents the disruption of natural drainage patterns.
(4) A more efficient use of land than is generally achieved through conventional development resulting in substantial savings through shorter utility lines and streets.
(5) A development pattern in harmony with neighboring land uses, infrastructure and community facilities.
(b) The City may accept greater density in the development than that allowed by other zoning options provided the developer can demonstrate that increased densities will be compensated for by the private amenities and public benefits to be achieved by the plan of development.
(Ord. 08-33. Passed 5-4-09.)