Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) This chapter establishes uniform regulations for users of the sewerage works and enables the City to protect the public health in conformity with all applicable laws.
(b) The objectives of this chapter are to:
(1) Prevent the introduction of pollutants into the sewerage works which will interfere with the operation of the works or contaminate the resulting Municipal sludges;
(2) Prevent the introduction of pollutants into the sewerage works which do not receive adequate treatment or will otherwise be incompatible with the works and which will pass through the works into receiving waters or the atmosphere;
(3) Improve the opportunity to recycle and reclaim wastewater and sludge from the works;
(4) Identify the minimum standards for construction and maintenance of building sewer connections; and
(5) Establish provisions to levy and collect sewer service charges and rentals for premises served by the sewerage works.
(c) Discharges into the sewerage works shall be regulated by enforcing the administrative provisions in this chapter.
(Ord. 91-59. Passed 10-21-91.)