Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Any person applying for a license to operate a billiard room, poolroom or game room shall, before the issuance thereof, pay to the City of Newark an annual base fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) for each separately located establishment or place of business of the applicant. In addition to the annual base fee, for each billiard or pool table or mechanical or electrical amusement device, the licensee shall pay an additional seven dollars and fifty cents ($7.50). When such a license is issued between December 1 and 31 of any year, the license shall not expire until December 31 of the following year.
(b) Any person applying for a license to operate a non-exempt electronic gaming parlor shall, before the issuance thereof, pay to the city a semi-annual fee as set forth herein for each separately located electronic gaming parlor:
(1) More than zero, but less than eleven electronic games of skill $250.00
(2) More than ten but less than twenty-five electronic games of skill $375.00
(3) Twenty-five or more electronic games of skill $500.00
(c) In addition to the semi-annual base fee, for each electronic game of skill on site at any electronic gaming parlor, the licensee of a non-exempt electronic gaming parlor shall pay an additional semi-annual fee of $125.00
(1) All required semi-annual licensing fees shall be paid on or before the first day of January for the issuance of a license valid through June 30 and on or before the first day of July for the issuance of a license valid through December 31 of every calendar year.
(2) Any person applying for a license under this section after the first of January or after the first of July of any given year shall pay the full semi-annual licensing fee as set forth herein without any pro-rating of the fee based upon date and time of application.
(Ord. 94-26. Passed 6-6-94; Ord. 06-55. Passed 11-20-06; Ord. 19-14. Passed 7-15-19.)