Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) For purposes of this section and Sections 454.06 and 454.07, two-hour free parking space, and "eleven-hour free parking space" means:
(1) Spaces designated and marked as such by the Safety Director pursuant to the Director's rule-making authority provided for in Chapter 406.
(2) Spaces other than spaces marked for people with disabilities.
(b) Moving from one two-hour free parking space to another two-hour free parking space is prohibited except where the total of two hours has not been exceeded. Moving from one two-hour free parking space to another two-hour free parking space is permitted even if the total of two hours has been exceeded if the vehicle in question has left all two-hour free parking zones as identified in division (d) of this section for a minimum consecutive intervening period of two hours.
(c) Two-hour free parking zones are located on:
(1) West Main Street from Fourth Street to Third Street;
(2) East Main Street from First Street to Second Street;
(3) Second Street from Church Street to Scheidler Street;
(4) Third Street from Locust Street to Walnut Street;
(5) North Park Place from Third Street to Second Street;
(6) South Park Place from Third Street to Second Street;
(7) Church Street from Fourth Street to Second Street;
(8) Fourth Street from Locust Street to Canal Street;
(9) West Main Street from Fourth Street to Fifth Street;
(d) Eleven-hour free parking zones are located on:
(1) Fifth Street from Locust Street to Market Street;
(2) Church Street from Fifth Street to Fourth Street;
(3) Second Street from Church Street to Locust Street;
(4) First Street from Locust Street to Market Street;
(5) Church Street from Second Street to Front Street.
(e) No person shall cause, allow or permit a vehicle to occupy a designated two-hour free parking space during the times set forth in division (g) of this section for more than two hours within the two-hour free parking zone.
(f) No person shall cause, allow or permit a vehicle to occupy a designated eleven-hour free parking space during the times set forth in division (g) of this section for more than eleven hours per space per day.
(g) The limitations set forth herein shall be in operation from 7:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding the following observed holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day, the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve Day, and Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve Day.
(Ord. 93-31. Passed 5-17-93; Ord. 05-24. Passed 5-16-05.)
(h) The enforcement of this section regarding each respective free parking zone shall be accomplished, among other methods, by placing license numbers of vehicles and numbers of parking spaces into a computer. If the computer shows that a vehicle is parked in the same space or within the same time zone for more than the allowable time after the license number was first entered into the computer as set forth above, it shall be prima facie evidence of a violation of this section.
(i) Notwithstanding any provision of this chapter, no person shall park in any parking space when otherwise directed by a police officer or firefighter or when parking is prohibited by properly posted signs.
(Ord. 88-48. Passed 10-17-88; Ord. 05-24. Passed 5-16-05; Ord. 06-29A. Passed 7-3-06; Ord. 07-48. Passed 11-19-07; Ord. 13-15. Passed 6-17-13; Ord. 16-25. Passed 7-5-16; Ord. 18-01. Passed 2-20-18; Ord. 18-04. Passed 4-2-18.)