Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Intent. This zone is established to preserve the rural character of the agricultural service area by promoting agriculture and agricultural related uses.
(B) Permitted principal uses. Refer to § 156.045 Use Classification Table.
(1) Land used solely for agriculture, farming, dairying, stock raising.
(2) Horticultural services, plant nurseries and aquaponics systems.
(3) Hunting, fishing, trapping, and game preserves, forestry.
(4) Single-family detached dwellings.
(5) Religious assembly, education buildings, and accessory dwellings.
(6) Schools and colleges for academic instruction.
(7) Agritourism, camps, and outdoor entertainment.
(C) Permitted accessory uses.
(1) Agricultural buildings and structures accessory to the principal agricultural use of the land.
(2) Single-family dwellings for the owner and employees of the premises and accessory to the principal agricultural use of the land.
(3) Carport, garage, or other buildings not used as a dwelling and customarily incidental to the principal use of the premises.
(4) Accessory uses customarily incidental to the principal use of the premises.
(5) Signs identifying the name and type of agricultural activity conducted on the same premises.
(6) Sale of agricultural products and services produced on the premises provided that where such products or services are sold from a roadside stand such roadside stand shall be set back from any public street right-of-way at least 50 feet and shall be provided with automobile access and off-street parking space in such a manner so as not to create an undue traffic hazard on the public street on which such roadside stand is located.
(7) Home occupations refer to § 156.055 Home Occupation Regulations.
(D) Permitted conditional uses. Refer to Use Classification Table.
(1) Non-profit public or private facilities such as cemeteries, libraries, cultural services, parks, recreational facilities, hospitals, and institutions.
(2) Bed and breakfast.
(3) Aviation facilities.
(E) Prohibited uses.
(1) Any use not listed as permitted or as a conditional use are prohibited in the Agricultural District.
(2) Adult-oriented businesses.
(F) Lot, yard, and height requirements.
(1) Minimum lot. No limitation except for single-family detached residences as a principal permitted use, then 21,780 square feet (½ acre) minimum with connection to sanitary sewers of the city or of an approved sewer district or system, or with evidence of satisfactory soil percolation for septic disposal; otherwise, 43, 560 square feet (1 acre) minimum.
(2) Minimum lot frontage. 75 feet at right-of-way.
(3) Minimum front yard. 80 feet from center of line of road.
(4) Minimum side yard. 25 feet.
(5) Minimum rear yard. 25 feet.
(6) Maximum height. No limitation.
(Ord. 794, passed 12-22-83; Am. Ord. 89-890, passed 4-27-89; Am. Ord. 90-925, passed 7-26-90; Am. Ord. 98-1174, passed 12-28-98; Am. Ord. 2019-1789, passed 10-24- 19) Penalty, see § 156.999