Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The appointing authority shall determine the number of employees within each class to be laid off. All lay-offs within each such class must proceed in the following order:
(1) Employees serving temporary or emergency appointments;
(2) Seasonal employees;
(3) Part-time employees;
(4) Provisional appointees who have not completed their probationary period.
(5) Provisional appointees who have completed their probationary period.
(6) Employees certified from eligible list who have not completed their probationary period;
(7) Full-time permanent employees certified from eligible list who have the least amount of seniority.
(b) Subsection (a) hereof is specifically intended to supersede State Code provisions on the order of lay-off of a civil service position.
(Ord. 87-06. Passed 5-7-07.)