Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Application. After the approval or conditional approval of the preliminary plat, the subdivided may cause the subdivision, or any part thereof, to be surveyed and a final plat prepared in accordance with the approved preliminary plat. The subdivider shall submit to the Council the following:
(1) Three copies and the original of the final plat; and
(2) Three copies and the original of the final engineering construction drawings for streets, water and other public improvements.
(B) Content of final plat. The final plat shall include and be in compliance with all items required under Idaho Code Title 50, Ch. 13, and shall be drawn at such a scale and contain lettering of such size as to enable the same to be placed on one sheet of 18-inch by 24-inch drawing paper, with no part of the drawing nearer to the edge than one inch. The reverse of said sheet shall not be used for any portion of the drawing, but may contain written matter as to dedications, certifications and other information. The final plat shall include at least the following:
(1) A written application for approval of such final plat as stipulated by the Council;
(2) Proof of current ownership of the real property included in the proposed final plat;
(3) Such other and further information as the Council may deem necessary to establish whether or not all proper parties have signed and/or approved said final plat;
(4) Conformance with the approved preliminary plat and meeting all requirements or conditions thereof;
(5) Conform to all requirements and provisions of this chapter; and
(6) Acceptable engineering practices and local standards.
(C) Fee. None required.
(D) Council review.
(1) Submittal of final plat. The Council shall review the final plat for compliance with the approved or conditionally approved preliminary plat. If the Council determines that there is substantial difference in the final plat than that which was considered as a preliminary plat or conditions which have not been met, the Council may require that the final plat be resubmitted in the same manner as required in the preliminary plat process.
(2) Agency review. The Council may transmit one copy of the final plat, or other document submitted, for review and recommendation to the same departments and agencies, or others as they may deem necessary to insure compliance with the preliminary approval and/or conditions of preliminary approval. Such agency review shall also include the construction standards of improvements, compliance with health standards, the cost estimate for all improvements and the legal review of the performance bond.
(E) Council action. The Council, at its next meeting, shall consider comments from concerned persons and agencies to arrive at a decision on the final plat. If said final plat conforms to the requirements of this chapter applicable at the time of approval of the preliminary plat, all rulings made by the Council on the preliminary plat, and the requirements of the state law, the Council shall approve, approve conditionally, disapprove or table the final plat for additional information within 30 days of the date of the regular meeting at which the final plat is first considered by the Council.
(F) Approval period. Final plat and covenants, if any, shall be filed with the County Recorder within one year after written approval by the Council. Otherwise, such approval shall become null and void unless prior to said expiration date an extension of time is applied for and granted by the Council.
(G) Method of recording. Upon approval of the final plat by the Council, the subdivider’s prepayment of recording fees, and the inclusion of the following signatures on the final plat to the County Recorder for recording:
(1) Certification and signature of the Council verifying that the subdivision has been approved;
(2) Certification and signature of an engineer or Building Inspector verifying that the subdivision meets the city requirements and has been approved by the Council; and
(3) Certification and signature of local or state health agency that all health requirements have been complied with.
(Ord. passed 9-11-1995)