Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The city will continue to pick up tree leaves, grass clippings and plant stems subject to the following:
(1) The materials will be collected from January 1 through December 31.
(2) The materials must be contained in 30-gallon paper yard waste bags. Plastic bags, grocery bags and cardboard boxes will not be picked up.
(3) The pick-up will coincide with the recycling schedule.
(4) The materials shall be placed next to the recycling bin on the front curb rather than on the alley line.
(5) Leaves, grass clippings or other vegetative material shall not be raked or placed on the parkway or gutter of the street.
(B) The city will pick up large tree branches, trunks and bushes year round subject to the following:
(1) All limbs and bushes shall be cut into lengths not to exceed 4 feet, tied into bundles not to exceed 50 pounds and placed on the alley line.
(2) Tree trunks shall be cut to a manageable size not to exceed 50 pounds and placed on the alley line.
(3) Residents must call the Sanitation or Street Department to request a special pick-up of these items.
(C) Any person who disposes of prohibited materials by setting such materials out for collection will be subject to a fine not to exceed $2,500.
(D) The materials in divisions (A) and (B) shall be prohibited from going into any landfill.
(Prior Code, § 94.34) (Ord. 7717, passed 8-8-1994; Am. Ord. 7798, passed 6-12-1995) Penalty, see § 94.999