Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No permit or license shall be issued to a corporation, partnership or other impersonal legal entity, but each individual person engaging in the business of peddling or soliciting within the city shall be required to have a permit or license, whether acting for himself or as an agent or representative of another.
(B) Seasonal food establishments that are:
(1) Situated on property zoned for commercial or retail use;
(2) In compliance with the requirements of the Gun Barrel City Municipal Health District (GBCMHD)
(3) Regularly inspected by the Gun Barrel City Municipal Health District (GBCMHD);
(4) Collect and pay sales tax in compliance with state law; and
(5) Seasonal in nature and in a fixed location for the duration of no more than six months of the year,
may be issued a permit under this chapter for operation at the specific location designated by the applicant and may be issued in the name of the entity or manager in charge of the establishment.
(C) Special event permits shall be issued in the name of the local coordinator as deemed proper by the Chief of Police. If temporary booths, temporary food establishment, mobile food establishments, hawkers, peddlers or other similar peddlers or solicitors are to be part of the special event the Chief of Police shall require an individual permit issued in the name of the individual in charge of the booth; mobile food establishment or other similar sales establishment being part of the event as deemed proper by the Chief of Police. If the Chief finds that individual peddlers are not substantially part of the larger organization and requires individual permits, the fees shall be as required in § 112.15.
(D) Temporary food establishments may be issued in the name of the entity or manager in charge of the establishment if more than two persons work at the establishment.
(Ord. 04-007, passed 5-11-04; Am. Ord. O-2005-007, passed 10-25-05) Penalty, see § 112.99