(a) Those persons who have secured a permit pursuant to § 29-5, may make application to occupy a specific space, on the following terms and conditions.
(1) The Director of Purchasing or his duly authorized representative shall establish rental fees for space at the Flint Municipal Market. Rental fees for space shall be established consistent with the costs of utilities and the general market operation.
(2) Annual rental fees shall be for the period of July 1 through June 30 of the following year.
(3) Six-month rental fees shall be for the period of May 1 through October 31.
(4) Monthly rental fees shall be for the period from the first day of the month through the last day of the month.
(5) Daily rental fees shall be for a specific day. The Director of Purchasing shall be furnished a current schedule of rental fees being levied at the Flint Municipal Market. Interested parties may secure copies of the current rental fee schedule at the market office.
(6) Space areas which occupy more floor space than a standard six-foot table stall or have a greater lineal foot frontage (at corners) may be leased on an annual basis at a rate negotiated by the vendor, the Market Supervisor and the Director of Purchasing.
(7) Fees for the use of all or portions of the market for special events, shall be set by the Market Supervisor and approved by the Director of Purchasing or his duly authorized representative.
(b) Other circumstances being equal, sellers having the longer continuous records of selling on the market shall have priority in the assignment of spaces. Where seniority is not involved, and all other circumstances are equal, priority shall be given in accordance with the order of filing of applications. The Market Supervisor shall maintain a written policy on the priority relative to other circumstances, such as, but not limited to, period of rental (annual, six months, monthly and the like), type of sale item, physical requirements and the like.
(Ord. 411, passed 2-8-1932; Ord. 2145, passed 7-14-1969; Ord. 2245, passed 1-18-1971; Ord. 2305, passed 1-10-1972; Ord. 2568, passed 11-8-1976; Ord. 3126, passed 2-12-1990)