All uses authorized in this article shall be subject to the following conditions.
   (a)   Enclosed buildings.  All business, service, repair, processing, storage or display of merchandise shall be conducted wholly within an enclosed building, except off-street parking structures and lots, used car and truck lots, off-street loading areas, gasoline stations and outdoor advertising. However, food, beverages (including alcohol) and merchandise may not be displayed and sold by an owner or tenant outside of a completely enclosed building subject to approval by the Flint Planning Commission as a “special land use” (§ 50-151.1) and the following conditions:
      (1)   Meet all health codes and City licensing and permit requirements.
      (2)   Pedestrian and vehicular movement and circulation may not be impeded.
      (3)   Outside activities must be conducted in a clearly demarcated area with barriers.
      (4)   A detailed site plan showing the location of all furniture and equipment must be submitted to and approved by the Flint Planning Commission. Outdoor furniture and equipment shall be constructed of materials that are durable and stable. The requirements of § 50-8.3 shall not apply to this subsection if the site plan required hereunder is not submitted in conjunction with a project requiring formal site plan review.
   (b)   Outdoor seating. Businesses providing outdoor seating for eight (8) or less patrons shall not be considered a special land use. Therefore, it is exempt from complying with the special land use requirements set forth in § 50-151.1(3). However, it is still required to comply with the requirements of § 50-56(a)(1) through (4). The zoning certificate issuance (§ 50-9) and fee set forth in § 50-12 shall apply.
   (c)   Use to be nonobjectionable.  Processes and equipment employed and goods sold shall be limited to those which are nonobjectionable by reason of odor, heat, dust, smoke, cinders, gas, fumes, noise, vibration, radiation, refuse matter or water-carried waste.
(Ord. 2046, passed 4-11-1968; Ord. 2927, passed 11-12-1984; Ord. 3798, passed 8-8-2011)