(a) (1) All discarded property, junk, garbage, and rubbish shall be placed in a bag or approved receptacle for collection.
(2) All discarded property, junk, garbage and rubbish placed in a receptacle shall first be placed into a bag.
(b) For purposes of this section, an APPROVED RECEPTACLE OR BAG shall be a container or bag no larger than 32 gallons designed for the purpose of holding discarded property, junk, garbage and rubbish.
(c) Discarded property, junk, garbage or rubbish shall not be placed at the designated place for collection more than 12 hours before 7:00 a.m. of the day scheduled for collection.
(d) It shall be unlawful for any person to place more than 20 approved receptacles or bags along with three pieces of furniture at the place designated for collection unless an appropriate permit has been acquired from the City of Flint Treasurer’s office.
(1) The cost of the permit shall be designated in the master fee schedule.
(2) The permit shall be in the form of a sticker that shall be conspicuously placed on each item which exceeds the 20 receptacle/bag limit.
(e) Any item that does not fit within a bag within a receptacle must be affixed with a permit.
(1) Each item that exceeds the limit set forth in subsection (d) that is placed in the designated place for collection without a permit shall constitute a separate violation.
(2) Each day that a violation of this section shall exist shall constitute a separate violation.
(Ord. 3600, passed 6-24-2004; Ord. 3626, passed 10-25-2004)