Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following rules and regulations shall be complied with by each person using a vehicle for street vending.
(A) Loudspeakers, sound amplifiers.
(1) It shall be unlawful for any street vendor or peddler to sell or attempt to sell any commodity by means of any outcry, sound, speaker or amplifier, or any instrument or device which can be heard for a distance greater than 300 feet or when passing a hospital or a church or other place of worship during the hours when services are being held.
(2) It shall be unlawful for any vendor or peddler to use, play or employ the use of any sound, outcry, amplifier, loudspeaker, radio, phonograph with a loudspeaker or amplifier or any other instrument or device when the vehicle the vendor or peddler is using is stopped for the purpose of making a sale.
(3) The use by any vendor or peddler of any outcry, sound, amplifier, loudspeaker, radio, phonograph with a loudspeaker or amplifier or any instrument or device which emits a loud sound shall be prohibited before the hour of 12:00 p.m. noon and after the hour of 9:00 p.m. on any day.
(B) Other prohibitions. It shall be unlawful for any vendor or peddler to:
(1) Exceed a speed of 12 mph when cruising neighborhoods seeking sales or when attempting to make a sale;
(2) Stop anywhere within 25 feet of an intersection when making a sale or attempting to make a sale;
(3) Double park or park in any manner contrary to any ordinance relating to parking when attempting a sale or when making a sale;
(4) Make a U turn on any block;
(5) Drive his or her vehicle backwards to make or attempt any sale; and/or
(6) Permit any person to hang on the vehicle or permit any person to ride in or on the vehicle except a bona fide assistant or assistants.
(Prior Code, § 3-4B-2) (Ord. 2000, passed 1-7-2010) Penalty, see § 113.99