Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Intent. This district is established to create and preserve single-family neighborhoods free from other uses except those which are both compatible with and convenient to the residents of such a district. These districts will be developed as lower density single-family neighborhoods. Dwellings in this district are required to be on permanent load bearing perimeter walls.
(B) Permitted uses.
(1) One single-family dwelling on each lot;
(2) Farming or horticulture;
(3) Institutional or public uses;
(4) Essential services; and
(5) Customary accessory uses to above.
(C) Special land uses. Home occupations as provided in § 154.09(C), a subject to the further limitation of a maximum of 25% of one floor devoted to the use and no use of accessory buildings.
(D) Required conditions.
(1) Parking: refer to § 154.08.
(2) Signs: refer to Chapter 152.
(4) The floor area of all dwellings shall meet or exceed the requirements of § 154.06.
(5) Lot coverage: refer to § 154.06.
(6) Height: refer to § 154.06.
(7) Site plan review and approval shall be obtained in accordance with § 154.10 for the following uses: institutional and public uses.
(8) Conformance with smoke detector provisions in § 150.02.
(E) Prohibited uses. Any use other than specified in divisions (B) and (C) above. The following uses are expressly prohibited:
(2) Garage apartments. (This does not prohibit living space above an attached garage to be inhabited by owner);
(3) Rooming houses; and
(4) Livestock or fowl raising.
(Ord. 161, passed 12-10-2001)