§ 14.607  REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL FARMERS MARKETS.
   (a)   Location. are subject to the following location requirements:
      (1)   Zoning districts. are permitted uses in multiple zoning districts as stated in Chapter 19 and 21 of the city code.
      (2)   Permitted within the right-of-way. are permitted within the right-of-way subject to requirements in § 17.68 of this code.
   (b)   Sampling and demonstrations. vendors providing food samples or conducting food and cooking demonstrations must do so in accordance with M.S. § 28A.151.
   (c)    vendors.
      (1)   Primarily farmers. At least 60% of vendors must be farmers. The other vendors, up to 40%, are limited to the following types:
         (A)    ;
         (B)    ;
         (C)    ;
         (D)    ;
         (E)    ; and
         (F)   Vendors of services.
   (d)   Hours and frequency.
      (1)    vendors are not allowed to begin setting up earlier than 7:00 a.m. if located on or within 250 feet of a residential property. This restriction does not apply to a farmers market vendor if all residential property within 250 feet of the vendor is situated on the other side of an arterial street.
      (2)   No is allowed to be open for the transaction of business on any day of the week before 7:00 a.m. or after 8:00 p.m.
      (3)   The is not allowed to conduct business for more than six total hours in a seven day period in the same location, except that exempt from permit requirements under § 14.605 are not allowed to conduct business for more than eight total hours in a seven day period in the same location.
      (4)   The is not allowed to operate more than twice per seven day period in the same location.
      (5)   The site must be entirely free of refuse, litter, recyclables, equipment, and vendors two hours after the farmers market's advertised closing time.
   (e)   Parking.
      (1)   A must provide three code-compliant parking stalls per market vendor.
      (2)   The applicant must demonstrate that display area and parking will not negatively impact the parking required on site for non- uses during periods when the is open.
   (f)   Tents and canopies. Permits are required for tents subject to requirements stated in § 19.63.06 of this code.
   (g)    goods.
      (1)   Compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
         (A)   All items must be transported, prepared, labeled, displayed, stored, and sold in accordance with local, state and federal regulations and are subject to inspection.
      (2)   Prohibited vendors and goods. The following types of vendors are prohibited from :
         (A)   Vendors selling any entity's non-food product as an agency, franchisee, distributor, or licensee; or on consignment; or by any third-party arrangement; and
         (B)   Vendors selling .
   (h)   Signs. Signs for the are subject to requirements stated in Chapter 19 Article X of this code.
   (i)   Permits and licenses. All permits and licenses required by the Minnesota Departments of Health or Agriculture or city are the responsibility of the vendors.
   (j)   Market manager. All must have a designated manager. The market manager must be present when the is open and is responsible for the supervision, management, and control of the , including:
      (1)   Obtaining any required permits for the from the City of Bloomington;
      (2)   Ensuring compliance with the farmers market's policy documents and all the requirements listed herein;
      (3)   Ensuring all market vendors are in compliance with all required local, state, and federal licenses and regulations prior to vending;
      (4)   Ensuring a current list of all market vendors is available to city staff to review at all times during the season;
      (5)   Ensuring prompt removal of all refuse, litter, and recyclables from the and areas of public right-of-way within 100 feet of the ; and
      (6)   Maintaining a record, on site and easily accessible to city staff and other officials, of all market vendors who qualify for exemption under M.S. Chapter 28A. Each individual vendor record must contain at minimum the following data:
         (A)   Vendor name, business name, and contact information;
         (B)   The address and approximate total acres of farm or garden;
         (C)   A list of farm products sold; and
         (D)   A list of vehicles used for delivery of farm products.
   (k)   Insurance. Commercial General Liability and Auto insurance for all vendors at a minimum of $1,000,000 must be obtained to cover any on city property that requires a permit under this Article IX. A certificate of insurance must be filed with the city.
(Ord. 2017-17, passed 6-5-2017; Ord. 2017-21, passed 6-26-2017)