Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The application for building permit shall be made on a form prescribed by the Plan Commission and signed by the owner(s) attesting to the accuracy of the information supplied by the application.
(B) The following information is required:
(1) Name(s), address(s) and phone number(s) of legal owner(s) of property;
(2) Legal description of property;
(3) Copy of recorded deed for property;
(4) Zoning district and description of existing and/or proposed use;
(5) Approved well and septic permits from the Porter County and State Board of Health, if applicable, for the property showing exact location of the proposed facilities;
(6) Three sets of plans of all floors, foundation sections and elevations and detailed construction specifications describing the kind, size, quality and grade of materials and service equipment and clearly indicating the height of the proposed improvements. These plans and specifications shall be prepared under the supervision and direction of an architect or an engineer registered in Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio or Wisconsin and shall be certified for the specific building site;
(7) Approval in writing for the proposed construction work from:
(a) The Building Site Committee where applicable;
(b) The Fire Prevention and Building Safety Commission, in all cases of commercial and/or public buildings and additions and alterations thereto;
(c) The National Park Service in all cases where the property is located within the boundaries of the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, and has been acquired by the Department of the Interior; and/or
(d) The Indiana State Highway Department or any other governmental jurisdiction, if applicable.
(8) All applicants for building permits shall be required to have a street inventory completed and signed by a representative of the Street Department. The inventory shall record the condition of any streets abutting the property where the improvements are being made, as well as the condition of the streets that the applicant has designated for use by his or her contractors and material suppliers as hereinafter provided which inventory may be supplemented by appropriate photographs if deemed necessary by the Street Department representative.
(C) (1) Prior to securing the street inventory from a representative of the Street Department, the applicant shall complete that part of the street inventory form designating a route for material suppliers and contractors from the town limits to the job site.
(2) All contractors and material suppliers shall thereafter use the designated route and if a contractor or material supplier operating a vehicle larger than a pickup truck or van is found to be deviating from the designated route both the contractor or material supplier and the applicant shall be jointly and severally liable for any damage done to town streets and may be fined for a violation of this chapter as hereinafter provided.
(Ord. 208, passed 12-19-1983) Penalty, see § 155.999