Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Annual report.
(1) Within 90 days following the end of each fiscal year, the City shall file a copy of an annual report with the City Clerk. Copies of the annual report shall be posted to the City's website and made available to the public on request. The annual report may contain financial information that has not been audited. If the annual report is not filed with the City Clerk and posted to the City's website as provided by this section, the City shall not collect development fees until me annual report is filed.
(2) The annual report must include the following:
(a) The amount assessed by the City for each type of development fee by service area;
(b) The balance of each development fee account maintained for each type of development fee assessed as of the beginning and end of the fiscal year;
(c) The amount of interest or other earnings on the monies in each development fee account as of the end of the fiscal year;
(d) The amount of development fee monies used to repay:
1. Bonds issued by the City to pay the cost of a public facility project that is the subject of a development fee assessment, including the amount needed to repay the debt service obligations on each facility for which development fees have been identified as the source of funding and the timeframes within which the debt service will be repaid.
2. Monies advanced by the City from funds other than development fee accounts established for development fees in order to pay the cost of a public facility project that is the subject of a development fee assessment, the total amount advanced by the municipality for each facility, the source of the monies advanced and the terms under which the monies will be repaid to the municipality.
(e) The amount of development fee monies spent on each public facility project that is the subject of a development fee assessment and the physical location of each public facility project.
(f) The amount of development fee monies spent for each purpose other than a public facility project that is the subject of a development fee assessment.
(3) The annual report may include any or all of the following:
(a) Recommendations for amendments, if appropriate, to this chapter or to specific ordinances adopting development fees for particular public facilities;
(b) Proposed changes to the General Plan and/or the Infrastructure Improvements Plan, including the identification of additional public facility projects anticipated to be funded wholly or partially with development fee funds;
(c) Proposed changes to the boundaries of a service area, including any made necessary as a result of annexation;
(e) Proposed changes to level of service standards for particular public facilities;
(f) Proposed changes to any development fee calculation methodology;
(g) Proposed changes to the land use assumptions; or
(h) Other data, analysis, or recommendations as the Coordinator may deem appropriate, or as may be requested by the City Council.
(4) Based on information provided in the annual report, the City Council may take such action as it deems appropriate, including, but not limited to, requesting additional data or analyses and holding public workshops and/or public hearings.
(B) Amendments. Development fees for any particular public facility pursuant to this chapter may be amended from time to time by the City Council pursuant to A.R.S. § 9-463.05(C). Development fees may not be updated until the City has updated the land use assumptions and Infrastructure Improvements Plan pursuant to A.R.S § 9-463.05(D). Before amending the land use assumptions, Infrastructure Improvements Plan, or development fees the City shall either:
(1) Appoint an Infrastructure Improvements Advisory Committee pursuant to A.R.S. § 9-463.05(G)(l);or
(2) In lieu of creating an Infrastructure Improvements Advisory Committee, provide for a biennial certified audit of the City's land use assumptions, Infrastructure Improvements Plan, and development fees pursuant to A.R.S. § 9-463.05(G)(2).
(C) Infrastructure Improvements Plan updates. At least every five years, starting from the date of adoption of the Infrastructure Improvements Plan, the City shall update the land use assumptions and the Infrastructure Improvements Plan pursuant to the process described in A.R.S. § 9-463.05(D).
(Ord. 02005-74, passed 9-7-05; Ord. O2011-11, passed 4-20-11; Ord. 2012-10, passed 5-2-12)