Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Change orders, contract modifications or price adjustments, as defined in § 41.004 or by state statute, are subject to approval of the assigned County Board committee in the following circumstances:
(1) When the total of change orders, contract modifications or price adjustments of any contract of $20,000 or more exceeds 10% of the original contract amount, or a change in the time of completion is 30 days or more; or
(2) When the total of change orders, contract modifications or price adjustments of any contract exceeds $20,000.
(B) Change orders, contract modifications or price adjustments of contracts under § 41.091 may be approved by the appropriate County Board committee as determined by the County Board Rules when the county official or employee determines in writing that:
(1) The circumstances said to necessitate the change in performance were not reasonably foreseeable at the time the contract was signed;
(2) The change is germane to the original contract, as signed; or
(3) The change order is in the best interest of the county and is authorized by law.
(C) The written change orders shall be preserved in the contract file.
(D) Contracts under the jurisdiction of the County Engineer are not subject to this provision.
(1980 Code, § 41.075) (Ord. 08-461, passed 11-20-2008)