Skip to code content (skip section selection)
505.23 FEEDING OF WATERFOWL PROHIBITED.
No person shall feed, cause to be fed, or provide for domestic or migratory waterfowl within the City of Whitehall and no person shall create or foster any condition, or allow any condition to exist or continue, which results in a congregation or congestion of domestic or migratory waterfowl in residential areas of the City of Whitehall.
(a) Definitions: For the purposes of this section, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
(1) DOMESTIC WATERFOWL. Non-native ducks, geese, swans, nor retained in agricultural operations.
(2) FEED OR FEEDING. The act of or furnishing of food or other sustenance.
(3) MIGRATORY WATERFOWL. Migration occurs, and waterfowl is considered to be migratory, when large portions of a bird species make regular annual movements between two or more places. Often this migration occurs due to annual temperature changes which affect food resources and breeding opportunities.
(4) NON-MIGRATORY WATERFOWL. Waterfowl that may fly large distances within a day, but return to a particular area by night. Such species can spend their entire lives in one area.
(5) RESIDENT CANADA GEESE. Canada Geese that nest within the conterminous United States and/or Canada Geese, or domestic waterfowl on any public or private property within the boundaries of the City. Exceptions to this will only be granted through state and/or federal permitting processes.
(Ord. 055-2021. Passed 7-20-21.)