Skip to code content (skip section selection)
709.08 APPROVAL; APPLICATION FOR PERMIT.
(a) The Mayor shall issue the permit provided hereinbefore whenever he finds all of the following facts to exist:
(1) All of the statements in the application are true;
(2) (EDITOR'S NOTE: Former subsection (a)(2) was repealed by Ordinance 67-81, passed September 1, 1981. )
(3) (EDITOR'S NOTE: Former subsection (a)(3) was repealed by Ordinance 67-81, passed September 1, 1981.)
(4) The applicant has not engaged in any fraudulent transaction or enterprise;
(5) The solicitation will not be a fraud on the public;
(6) The solicitation is prompted solely by a desire to finance the charitable cause described in the application, and will not be conducted primarily for private profit;
(7) The cost of raising the funds will be reasonable. Any such cost in excess of twenty percent of the amount collected shall be considered to be unreasonable.
(8) The time element of the proposed solicitation does not interfere with other date or dates already granted to another solicitation or in such close proximity in point of time as it would adversely affect the purpose for which such license would be issued
(b) The Mayor shall file in his office for public inspection, and shall serve upon the applicant by certified mail a written statement of his finding of fact and the decision which he reaches upon each application. (1964 Code §91.8)