Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) A permit must be obtained by the property owner at the office of the Utilities Department. A written application must be made for each permit and each application shall contain the name and address of the property owner, the name of the contractor, and the location of the property (street and address, parcel, or subdivision and lot number).
(1) Outside structure. Prior to the initiation of construction of a water service lateral and/or building sewer, or any repair, alteration, or excavation thereof, a permit must be obtained.
(2) Within structure. Prior to the modification of the sanitary sewer and/or water system within the structure, a permit must be issued by the County Combined Health District. The Health District must be contacted regarding its requirements and application procedures.
(B) Prior to the issuance of a permit, certain fees and charges must be paid by the property owner. These fees and charges are subject to amendment by the village and are not to be construed as being fixed for an indefinite period of time:
(4) A system capacity charge, if applicable, for a connection to a water supply and/or sewerage system, or any extension thereof, for which transmission/collection and treatment service are provided by another political subdivision under written contract or agreement. (See §§ 50.120 through 50.124 and §§ 50.140 through 50.148.)
(5) A tapping fee, if applicable, representing the cost of tapping the water or sewer main and installing a water or sewer service line from the main to the easement area including the tap, corporation stop, curb stop, meter pit, meter setter, and/or sanitary sewer riser.
(7) A water tower fee, applicable to those areas included in the water service agreement between the village and county, dated March 9, 1985, as amended.
(C) Permits for building sewers and/or water service laterals within a recorded section of a newly developed area will not be issued until:
(1) Construction of the sanitary sewers and water mains within the development has been completed and approved by the village, and maintenance bond posted;
(2) Verification of “as-built” locations, alignments, depths, and verification of grades of all new public water and sanitary sewers has been provided; and
(3) As-built reproducible drawings must be submitted within two months of first connection being made to the water or sewerage systems within a subdivision; together with data files on a magnetic disc in a format acceptable to the Village Manager.
(Ord. 97-104, passed 2-3-1997) Penalty, see § 50.999