Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Form. The preliminary plat shall be clearly and legibly drawn. The size of the original map shall not be less than twenty-two inches by thirty-four inches. The map of a subdivision shall be drawn at a scale of one inch equals 100 feet or less, unless otherwise required by the Planning Commission.
(b) Contents. The preliminary plat shall contain the following information:
(1) Proposed name of the subdivision. The name shall not duplicate, be the same in spelling, or alike in pronunciation with any other recorded subdivision.
(2) Location by section, town, range, township, county and state.
(3) Names and addresses of the subdivider, owner and surveyor or engineer, as applicable.
(4) Scale of the plan, north point and date.
(5) Boundaries of the subdivision indicated by a heavy line and the approximate acreage.
(6) Location, widths and names of existing or platted streets, railroad rights of way, easements, parks, permanent buildings, section and corporation lines.
(7) Location, widths and applicable dimensions for all proposed lots, streets, alleyways, easements and common areas, as well as lines showing the proposed phasing of the development. Lot number shall be sequential in accordance with the proposed phases of the subdivision.
(8) Names of all proposed streets within the development. Such names shall not duplicate any existing street names within the City of Wauseon, nor shall they be direct variations of the same street names (e.g. – Maple Street and Maple Place).
(9) Names of adjacent subdivisions and owners of adjoining parcels of unsubdivided land.
(10) Zoning district, if any.
(11) Existing contours within intervals of not more than five feet where the slope is greater than ten percent and not more than two feet where the slope is less than ten percent. Elevations are to be based on Fulton County datum.
(12) Drainage channels, wooded areas, power transmission poles and lines, and any other significant items should be shown.
(13) Vicinity sketch.
(c) Other Required Information.
(1) There shall also be submitted a statement of the proposed use of lots, stating the type of residential buildings with the number of proposed dwelling units and the type of business or industry so as to reveal the effect of the development on traffic, fire hazard and congestion of population.
(2) Proposed covenants and restrictions.
(3) Source of water supply.
(4) Provisions for sewage disposal, drainage and flood control.
(5) If any zoning changes are contemplated, the proposed zoning plan for the areas, including dimensions, shall be included.
(6) The subdivider shall provide a list of all names and addresses of all property owners within three hundred feet of the proposed preliminary plat.
(d) Improvements or Bond. No final or official plat of any subdivision shall be approved until either:
(1) The improvements listed in Section 1107.10 have been completed to the satisfaction of the Code Administrator and Director of Public Service; or
(2) The subdivider has sufficiently completed necessary improvements to serve the proposed site and filed with the Clerk a surety bond guaranteeing that the remaining improvements listed in Section 1107.10 will be completed pursuant to the required City specifications. The determination that the subdivider has completed the necessary improvements shall be the sole responsibility of the Code Administrator; or
(3) The subdivider has sufficiently completed necessary improvements to serve the proposed site and filed with the Clerk a cashier’s check or certified check that will expire in not less than 5 years from the recording of the final plat for all items not completed within the development, including sidewalks and street trees (as applicable), plus 10%, as determined by the City of Wauseon and approved by the Planning Commission which will guarantee completion of all improvements listed in Section 1107.10 . Any cashier’s check or certified check shall be made payable to the order and shall be enforceable by the City of Wauseon, Ohio, and shall be in a form approved by the City Law Director. The determination that the subdivider has completed the necessary improvements shall be the sole responsibility of the Code Administrator.
(e) Limitations on Sale of Unimproved Subdivisions. No lot or land abutting an unimproved street shall be sold and/or conveyed until in conformity with the provisions of Section 1105.02 (d). The provisions of this section shall not apply only if all of the abutting lots or lands are sold and/or conveyed as a single unit. (Ord. 2008-13. Passed 11-3-08.)