Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Any person living or doing business in the city may apply to the Department of Health for a variance from one or more provisions of the chapter, which are more stringent than the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection regulations for the control of noise, provided that the applicant supplies all the following information to the Director of Health:
(1) The location and nature of the activity;
(2) The time period and hours of operation of the activity;
(3) The nature and intensity of the noise that will be generated; and
(4) Any other information required by the Director of Health.
(B) No variance from these regulations shall be issued unless it has been demonstrated that:
(1) The proposed activity will not violate any provisions of the Department of Environmental Protection regulations;
(2) The noise levels generated by the proposed activity will not constitute a danger to the public health; and
(3) Compliance with the regulations constitutes an unreasonable hardship on the applicant.
(C) The application for variance shall be reviewed and either approved or rejected within 30 days of receipt by the Director of Health. The approval or rejection shall be in writing and shall state the conditions of approval of the variance.
(1967 Code, § 12-8) (Ord. passed 7-7-1986; Ord. passed 4-20-1987)