Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The following standards shall be met before any premises for which the license required by § 96.040 shall be approved.
(1) The floors shall be of brick, concrete or other hard impervious material and properly sloped to outlets covered with removable grating, the bars of which shall not be more than one-half inch apart.
(2) The walls shall be covered or made to a height of seven feet with concrete at least three inches thick or other improved impervious material.
(3) All rooms shall be properly ventilated and well lighted.
(4) Properly ventilated and refrigerated cooling and storage facilities shall be provided if the dressed chickens are to be stored prior to sale. These shall be kept in a clean and sanitary condition. They shall be screened so as to prevent the entrance of flies and insects.
(1967 Code, § 8-12)
(B) Metal coops for keeping live poultry shall be provided and so arranged as to be at least two feet from the wall and six inches from the floor.
(1967 Code, § 8-13)
(C) The slaughtering rooms shall be separate from the coops and provided with:
(1) An adequate supply of hot and cold running water;
(2) Metal containers for bleeding and plucking;
(3) Approved type of scalding tub, so arranged as to permit frequent emptying; and
(4) Metal containers for feathers and offal.
(1967 Code, § 8-14)
Penalty, see § 96.999