Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The Board of Public Works shall establish regulations regulating the storage, collection and removal of wastes on or from public or private property whether the storage, collection or removal is done by the city or by private owners or operators.
(1967 Code, § 8-20)
(A) Private dwellings.
(1) The Board of Public Works shall regulate the storage of Types 1 and 2 wastes at all private dwellings and households and shall be responsible for the removal and disposal of Type 1 and Type 2 wastes from all private dwellings and households.
(2) The storage, collection and removal of all types of wastes other than Type 1 and Type 2 in connection with private dwellings and households shall be subject to the provisions of this subchapter and the regulations of the Board of Public Works promulgated pursuant hereto.
(3) A private dwelling shall be defined as real estate containing one or more dwelling units but shall not include hospitals, motels, hotels, nursing homes or condominium units, as defined in Conn. Gen. Stat. §§ 47-68a et seq., or property not fronting on or accessible from a public street or apartment complexes or apartment buildings of ten or more units.
(1967 Code, § 8-21)
(B) Commercial, business, industrial and nonresidential property.
(1) The removal of all types of wastes from commercial, business, industrial and nonresidential properties shall be the responsibility of the owner but shall be subject to regulation by the Board of Public Works.
(2) The Board of Public Works may remove and dispose of such quantities of Type 1 and Type 2 wastes from commercial, business, industrial and nonresidential properties as the capacities of the city's collection and disposal system may be able to handle. The removal and disposal shall be subject to regulation by the Board of Public Works.
(1967 Code, § 8-22)
(Ord. passed 5-11-1992) Penalty, see § 50.99