Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following fees shall be charged by the city for collection and disposal of garbage and rubbish within the corporate city limits:
(A) Residential rates.
(2) For all dwelling units inside the city, one collection will be made available each week at a charge of $15 per month. This will include a city provided 90- to 96-gallon container. Additional containers are available on an annual basis at a cost of $7 per container per month.
(3) For all dwelling units outside the city, one collection will be made available each week at a charge of $17 per month. This will include a city provided, 90- to 96-gallon container. Additional containers are available on an annual basis at a cost of $7 a month. The Director of Public Service reserves the right to have discretion on delivery of service to township customers.
(4) By special application with the approval of the Director of Public Service or his or her representative, a 64-gallon container will be available, on an annual basis, at a cost of $12 per container per month inside the city and $14 per container per month outside the city.
(5) All containers shall be placed curbside the day prior to the collection day, but no sooner than 5:00 p.m., and must be removed from the curbside by 7:00 p.m. the day of collection.
(B) Commercial and industrial rates.
(2) For all commercial or industrial establishments which wish to avail themselves of the city collection and disposal service the following monthly rates shall be charged. The required number of pickups and the volume thereof shall be determined by the Director of Public Service or his or her agent.
Monthly Charge per Pickup per Week
90- to 96-Gallon
1 Cubic Yard
2 Cubic Yard
3 Cubic Yard
4 Cubic Yard
6 Cubic Yard
7 Cubic Yard
(3) The city will provide dumpster type containers and shall charge the following monthly rental fees.
1 Cubic Yard Container
2 Cubic Yard Container
3 Cubic Yard Container
4 Cubic Yard Container
6 Cubic Yard Container
8 Cubic Yard Container
(C) Such fees for collection and disposal shall be billed as a separate entry on the monthly bill rendered by the city. In the event any residence or business establishment is not billed for electric, water or sewer furnished by the city, the fee for collection and disposal service for such residence or business establishment may be added to the monthly bill of such person to whom monthly billings for other municipal services are rendered. Such collection and disposal fees shall then be payable and collected in the same manner as charges for other utility services provided by the city, including the applicable late payment charges. The present property owner of record of the real estate to which collection and disposal service is furnished, shall be responsible for the payment of all collection and disposal bills for such serviced irrespective of who incurred such unpaid bills or when such bills were incurred or who owned and/or occupied the property at the time the bills were incurred.
(D) All dwelling units shall be charged for the availability of such garbage and rubbish collection service unless such fees are excused or waived by the Mayor for good cause or unnecessary hardship. Use by the occupant or owner of a garbage disposal or incinerator shall not constitute good cause.
(E) The fees charged by the city for the collection and disposal of solid waste outside the corporate city limits shall be the fees above in this section plus 10%.
(F) The fee for special pick-up of materials as defined in § 51.26 shall be the cost to pick up and dispose of such materials but shall not be less than $100 per item. Such fee shall be applied to the regular utility bill for the address of the special pick-up of such materials.
(Ord. 07-053, passed 5-15-07; Am. Ord. 10-016, passed 3-16-10) Penalty, see § 10.99