Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) An application for a taxicab license shall be made in writing and shall contain the following:
(1) The name and address of application;
(2) The make, model, year and serial number of all taxicabs in the company or organization;
(3) The experience of the applicant in the transportation of passengers;
(4) The location of the proposed Utica office and the location of any proposed taxi depot;
(5) The amounts of any unpaid judgments against the applicant and the nature of the transaction or act giving rise to such judgments;
(6) The name of the insurance company insuring each taxicab in the company or organization, and the amount of insurance carried on each such taxicab; and
(7) Such further information as the Mayor may require.
(b) The application shall be submitted to the Mayor for his approval or rejection. Such approval or rejection shall be based upon a determination of the character, experience and responsibility of the applicant, and a determination of public convenience and necessity.
(c) If the application is approved, the Mayor shall issue the license upon payment of the fee provided for in Section 761.03 and deposit of the certificate of insurance provided for in Section 761.04. The holder of a taxicab license shall, at all times such license is held, maintain an office within the Village.
(Ord. 89-25. Passed 9-11-89.)