Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The Environs (AEZ) includes districts and that do not necessarily have the same boundaries. The boundaries of these districts and are identified for Tucson International (TIA) and for Davis-Monthan Air Force Base (DMAFB) by the Environs (AEZ) Overlay Map series kept on file in the offices of the City Clerk and the Planning and Development Services Department (PDSD). The AEZ Overlay Map series is hereby established as the official AEZ Overlay Map series, The AEZ Overlay Map became effective on May 16, 1990, as amended on January 28, 1991, April 27, 1992, October 28, 2002 and January 1, 2005.
The AEZ is made up of the following 11 and districts (See Illustrative Maps 5.6-B and 5.6-C.):
A. The following and districts are established in the TIA environs:
4. Noise Control District 65 (NCD 65) - High Noise District with exposures of 65-70 designated at TIA; and,
5. Noise Control District 70 (NCD 70 - High Noise District with exposures of 70+ designated at TIA.
B. The following and districts are established in the DMAFB environs:
1. (ADC-1) - Northwest end of DMAFB runway;
2. (ADC-2) - Southeast end of DMAFB runway up to 30,000 feet from end of runway;
3. (ADC-3) - Southeast end of DMAFB runway 30,000 to 50,200 feet from end of runway;
4. (NCD A) - High Noise District with exposures of 65-70 designated at DMAFB; and,
5. (NCD B) - High Noise District with exposures of 70+ designated at DMAFB.
C. The (AHD) apply to both the TIA environs and the DMAFB environs. The AHD is a specifically designated area of land where uses that constitute hazards to aircraft operations are prohibited and heights are limited.
D. Designation, amendment, or change of boundaries for an Environs shall be established through the amendment to the designation on the AEZ Maps in accordance with Section 3.5, Rezoning (Change of Zoning) Procedure.