Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The application for a taxicab permit shall be in a form approved by the Town Manager and shall contain at least the following information, provided at the applicant’s expense:
(1) The full name, physical address, mailing address, electronic mail address, and business telephone number of each applicant;
(2) A certified true copy of a criminal record check and a certified true copy of a complete driving history check (Division of Motor Vehicles “Master Check”) on the applicant and each proposed driver of any taxicab operated by the applicant’s business;
(3) Proof of liability insurance coverage on all vehicles to be operated in the business, with coverage limits of at least $500,000 per person per accident and $50,000 property damage per accident;
(4) Legible photocopies of the current year’s North Carolina State Inspection certificate for the vehicle, with no discrepancies for each taxicab to be operated under the certificate; upon request of the Chief of Police, the applicant shall produce the original of any such Inspection Certificate for inspection by the Chief;
(5) An affidavit or affirmation that neither the applicant nor any driver of any taxicab to be operated under the subject certificate is subject to any of the disqualifying conditions set out in G.S. § 160A-304(a); and
(6) Any other information required by the Chief of Police and reasonably related to the health, safety, and welfare of the town’s residents and other potential taxicab users.
(B) Applications shall be submitted at least 30 days in advance of the desired issuance date or renewal date and shall be accompanied by an application fee established by the Board of Commissioners.
(Ord. 2011-018, passed 6-21-11)