Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Except with regard to solicitations described in § 111.01(3) and (4), and except as provided with regard to exceptions provided in §§ 111.20, 111.21, and 111.30 through 111.32, any person desiring to solicit within the city must be eligible to register, and shall, prior to engaging in any solicitation, file a written application for a registration to solicit with the City Administrator, which application shall show:
(1) The name, physical description (sex, height, weight, and hair color) and address and telephone number of the applicant; if the applicant is an entity, the name, address, and telephone number of the entity shall be provided, along with the name(s), address(es), telephone number(s), and physical descriptions of the person(s) who will be soliciting in the city;
(2) For an individual, the name and address of the employer or firm, as applicable, which such applicant represents;
(3) A general description of the goods or services that are the subject of the proposed solicitation;
(4) For solicitations involving the sale of goods or services, whether the applicant will request, accept or receive payment in advance of final delivery of goods or services;
(5) The period of time such applicant intends to solicit in the city;
(6) A description of any vehicle(s) to be used by the applicant or its identified agents in connection with such solicitation.
(B) For an application for registration involving representation of a company, entity or person other than the person submitting the application, the applicant shall show satisfactory proof of his or her authority to serve as a representative or agent. All persons submitting an application shall present valid identification (driver's license, passport, or other government-issued photo identification), or, if the person has no such identification, the person shall attest in writing that he or she has no such identification and shall permit a photograph of the person to be taken and included with the application.
(C) A person or entity, as applicable, shall not be eligible for a registration to solicit in the city if:
(1) The person has been convicted of an offense prescribed by this chapter during the one year period prior to submitting to the city an application for registration to solicit;
(2) The person has been convicted of an offense in any jurisdiction involving aggressive or disruptive conduct while soliciting during the one year period prior to submitting to the city an application for registration to solicit;
(3) The person identifies on the application for registration to solicit a sponsoring person, organization, or company that has either been convicted of an offense prescribed by this chapter, or was the sponsoring person, organization, or company identified in the applicable registration of a person convicted of an offense prescribed by this chapter during the one year period prior to submitting to the city an application for registration to solicit;
(4) The person has ever been convicted of sexual based offense and/or is a registered sex offender; or
(5) The person or entity includes in the application any material false information.
(D) Certificate(s) of registration described in § 111.04 shall be issued by the City Administrator not later than two business days after submission of an application therefore unless it is determined that the applicant or any person or entity identified in the application is ineligible for registration. Written notice of ineligibility will promptly be provided in person or by delivery to the address for the person or entity provided in the application.
(Ord. 110301-B, passed 3-1-2011)