Skip to code content (skip section selection)
All temporary storage of materials or equipment on sites within Zones A1-30, AE, AH, AO, and A on the community's FIRM or area that has been identified as a flood hazard area through the use of best available data are required to:
(a) For commercial, industrial, or government uses:
(1) Obtain an annual floodplain development permit prior to temporary storage; and
(2) Provide a city-approved response flood plan to detail what activities will take place if a flood warning is issued to ensure that materials aren't swept away by the flood; and
(3) Provide an erosion control plan for all feasible levels of water events.
(b) For all other uses:
(1) Obtain a floodplain development permit prior to temporary storage; and
(2) Be on the site for fewer than 90 consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days within a calendar year; and
(3) Have a plan in place for the removal of the equipment or materials including a list of necessary supplies, tools, and resources needed to achieve the removal; and
(4) Have proper documentation to support when the materials or equipment are moved on and off the site.
(Ord. 77-21, passed 7-6-2021)