Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) A person shall not operate a TNC in Sioux Falls without first having obtained a license from the city licensing specialist. The city shall grant a business license if satisfied that the applicant has complied with all of the terms and provisions of this chapter and if the evidence submitted in support of the application meets the conditions precedent to granting the license.
(b) The City Licensing Specialist shall issue a license to each applicant that meets the requirements for a TNC set forth in this chapter, and pays an annual permit fee of $1,500 to the city. A licensing year, for the purposes of this section, begins February 1 and ends January 31 of the next year.
(c) The application shall include:
(1) The name and address of applicant;
(2) Trade name if any under which the license is to be exercised;
(3) If a partnership, the name and address of each partner;
(4) If a corporation, the names and addresses of the officers;
(5) Description of the activity to be carried on under the license;
(6) The name and contact information for an agent to be maintained for service of process in the State of South Dakota.
(7) The applicant provides proof of sales tax license if applicable.
(d) On a monthly basis, a TNC shall submit to the city a list of driver's license numbers and state of issuance for each active driver.
(Ord. 108-15, passed 11-2-2015)