Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purposes of this chapter, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
ADMINISTRATIVE CODE ENFORCEMENT REMEDIES. Administrative citations and civil penalties as contained in this article.
CIVIL PENALTY. The administrative civil penalty assessed and all costs incurred by the city from the first discovery of the violations until compliance is achieved. It includes, but is not limited to, staff time and expense in inspecting the property, sending notices, preparing reports and files.
CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER. Any city employee or agent of the city with the authority to enforce any provision of this Code and issue notice of violations or administrative citations.
RESPONSIBLE PARTY. Any person or persons in charge of the premises or location, or the person or persons responsible for the event or incident, and includes any of the following:
(1) The person or persons who own the property where the violation exists;
(2) The person or persons in charge of the premises where the violation exists;
(3) The person or persons using the premises when the violation exists;
(4) If any of the above is a minor, a parent or guardian of the minor shall be the responsible party; and
(5) If any of the above is a business entity, the manager or on-site supervisor where the violation exists.
ROLLING 12-MONTH PERIOD. Any 12 consecutive months following a violation.
(1992 Code, § 2-111) (Ord. 26-02, passed 4-8-2002)