§ 152.18  FILING FOR BOND.
   Before a permit is issued for excavation or fill of 250 cubic yards or more of earth in any hillside area, the owner of the property on which the excavation is proposed to be made or the fill is proposed to be deposited shall file with the Building Inspector a bond, naming the city as obligee thereof and with corporate surety authorized to do business in the state as a surety, in an amount sufficient to cover the entire cost of the work of excavation or fill.  However, the Building Inspector may waive this requirement if he finds that the proposed excavation or fill is not of such nature that it will be either actually or potentially hazardous.
('91 Code § 151.18)  (Ord. 2222, passed 1-18-68)  Penalty, see § 152.99