Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Any license may be revoked by the village president and board of trustees during the life of such license for the violation by the licensee of any provision relating to the license, the subject of the license, or the premises occupied; such revocation may be in addition to any fine imposed. The village president and board of trustees shall be authorized to summarily order the cessation of business, the closing of the premises, and the suspension of any business license for a period not to exceed fifteen (15) days.
A. Hearing: Within ten (10) days after the village officials have so acted, the village president shall call a hearing for the purpose of determining whether or not the license should be revoked.
B. Notice Of Hearing: Notice of hearing for revocation of a license shall be given in writing setting forth specifically the grounds of the complaint and the time and place of the hearing. Such notice shall be sent to the licensee by certified mail at his last known address or personally served at least five (5) days prior to the date of the hearing.
C. Hearing Procedures: At the hearing, the licensee shall be permitted counsel and shall have the right to submit evidence and cross examine witnesses. The village president shall preside and shall render the decision and recommendation.
D. Causes For Revocation: Business licenses issued under the ordinances of the village, unless otherwise provided, may be revoked by the village president and board of trustees after notice and hearing as provided in subsections B and C of this section for any of the following causes:
1. Any fraud, misrepresentation or false statement contained in the application for the license.
2. Any violation by the licensee of ordinance provisions or state law relating to the license, the subject matter of the license, or the premises occupied.
3. Conviction of the licensee of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude.
4. Failure of the licensee to pay any fine or penalty owing to the village.
5. Refusal to permit an inspection or investigation or any interference with a duly authorized village officer or employee while in the performance of his duties in making such inspections, as provided in this chapter. (2009 Code)