Skip to code content (skip section selection)
5-1-6: PARKING FOR MORE THAN TWENTY FOUR HOURS 1 :
A. Definition: When used in this section, the word "vehicle" shall mean every device in, upon, or by which any person or property is or may be transported thereon upon a street or alley, except devices moved by human power or used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks.
B. Vehicles And Parts Prohibited:
1. It shall be unlawful to park or leave standing any vehicle on the public streets and alleys of the village for more than twenty four (24) hours.
2. It shall be unlawful to set, put, place, deposit or store any part or component part of any vehicle on the public streets and alleys of the village for more than twenty four (24) hours. (Ord., 7-25-1966)
1. Any person, association, firm or corporation violating the provisions of this section shall, upon conviction thereof, be fined as provided in section 1-4-1 of this code for each offense.
2. Each and every twenty four (24) hour period in which a violation shall occur shall constitute a separate offense.
3. There shall be attached to every vehicle in violation of subsection B1 of this section and every component part of any vehicle in violation of subsection B2 of this section a notice stating the violation and instructing the owner or operator to report to the village clerk in regard to such violation and to pay the appropriate fine. If not paid within five (5) days, a warrant shall be issued for the arrest of said violator, and prosecution shall be in the same manner as for other violations of village ordinances. (Ord., 7-25-1966; amd. 2009 Code)
1. See also title 3, chapter 3 of this code for abandoned, inoperable, unregistered vehicles and storage and abandonment of machinery.