Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The applicant shall obtain approval from IDNR/OWR and FEMA for all new base flood and floodway determinations for those cases in which their permitting authority applies or as noted in § 160.081 of this chapter. The stormwater management permit will not be issued until such approval is received. Documentation supporting a finding that the proposed development is in compliance with §§ 160.080 and 160.081 of this chapter shall be submitted with the application. At a minimum, the following material shall be submitted for approval with the application.
(A) Regulatory floodplain boundary determination:
(1) Provide source of flood profile information.
(2) Provide all hydrologic and hydraulic study information for site-specific floodplain studies, unnumbered Zone A area elevation determinations, and floodplain map revisions.
(B) Floodway hydrologic and hydraulic analyses for the following conditions:
(1) Existing conditions (land used and stream systems).
(2) Proposed conditions (land used and stream systems).
(3) Tabular summary of 100-year flood elevations and discharges for existing and proposed conditions.
(4) Calculations used for model development.
(5) Hydraulic/hydrologic computer model input/output.
(C) Floodplain fill and compensatory storage calculations for below and above 10-year flood elevation up to the base flood elevation:
(1) Tabular summary for below and above 10-year flood elevation of fill, compensatory storage, and compensatory storage ratios provided in proposed plan.
(2) Cross-sections used for the above calculations.
(D) Flood proofing measures. Narrative discussion of flood proofing measures including material specifications, calculations, and design details, operation summary.
(E) Flood easements when required by this chapter or the applicable certified community ordinance.
(Ord. 06-0383, passed 3-15-06)