Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) In addition to the state motor vehicle laws prohibiting parking, no person shall park or stand:
(1) A vehicle in an alley other than for the expeditious loading or unloading of persons or materials, and in no case for a period in excess of 30 consecutive minutes;
(2) A motor truck as defined by O.R.S. 801.355 on a street between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. of the following day in front of or adjacent to a residence, motel, apartment house, hotel or other sleeping accommodation;
(3) A vehicle on the west side of United States Highway 101 between Nehalem Street to South Second Street; and
(4) No person shall park or stand a motor vehicle as defined in § 70.002, MOTOR VEHICLE, commencing at the southeast corner of the intersection of United States Highway 101 and South Second Avenue on the east side of United States Highway 101 for a distance of 78 feet south.
(B) No operator shall park and no owner shall allow a vehicle to be parked upon a street for the principal purpose of:
(1) Displaying the vehicle for sale;
(2) Repairing or servicing the vehicle, except repairs necessitated by an emergency;
(3) Displaying advertising from the vehicle; and
(4) Selling merchandise from the vehicle, except when authorized.
(Prior Code, Ord. 129, passed 8-24-1976; Am. Ord. 140, passed 5-24-1977; Am. Ord. 95-326, passed 2-22-1995) Penalty, see § 70.999