Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Authority: The Zoning Board of Appeals 1 shall hear and decide appeals from an administrative order, requirement, decision or determination made by the Director of Community Development or other authorized official of the Village having jurisdiction under this Title.
1. An appeal to the Zoning Board of Appeals may be taken by any person aggrieved or by any officer, department, board or commission of the Village. The appeal shall be taken within such time as shall be prescribed by the Board by a general rule by filing with the officer from whom the appeal is taken and with the Board a notice of appeal, specifying the grounds thereof. The officer from whom the appeal is taken shall forthwith transmit to the Board all the papers constituting the record upon which the appeal action is taken.
2. An appeal stays all proceedings in furtherance of the action appealed from, unless the officer from whom the appeal is taken certifies to the Zoning Board of Appeals, after the notice of appeal has been filed with him, that by reason of facts stated in this certificate a stay would, in his opinion cause imminent peril to life or property. In this event the proceedings shall not be stayed other than by an order of the Board or a court of record on application of and on notice to the officer from whom the appeal is taken, and on due cause being shown.
1. An appeal shall be filed with the Village Clerk. The Village Clerk shall forward the appeal to the Zoning Board of Appeals for processing in accordance with the Illinois Compiled Statutes.
2. The Zoning Board of Appeals shall fix a reasonable time for the hearing of the appeal and give due notice thereof to parties and shall decide the appeal within reasonable time. The Board may reverse or affirm, wholly or partly, or may modify the order, requirement or decision or determination as in its opinion ought to be made on the premises and to that end has all the powers of the official from whom the appeal is taken.
D. Decisions: All decisions, after hearing of the Zoning Board of Appeals on appeals from an administrative order, requirement, decision or determination of the Director of Community Development or other authorized official of the Village, shall, in all instances, be final administrative determinations and shall be subject to judicial review only in accordance with applicable statutes of the State. (Ord. G-60, 3-22-1966)
2. See Title 2, Chapter 8 of this Code for the Zoning Board of Appeals.