Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Designated: The village president shall be the local liquor control commissioner and shall be charged with the administration within the village of the appropriate provisions of this chapter, and whenever the term "commissioner" is used herein, such term shall refer to the local liquor control commissioner.
B. Powers: The liquor control commissioner shall have the following powers, functions and duties with respect to licenses granted hereunder:
1. To grant, impose a monetary fine, and/or suspend for not more than thirty (30) days, or revoke for cause, all local licenses issued to persons for premises within the village jurisdiction;
2. To enter or to authorize any law enforcing officer to enter at any time upon any premises licensed hereunder to determine whether any of the provisions of this chapter or any rules or regulations adopted pursuant thereto or by the state of Illinois liquor control commission have been or are being violated, and at such time to examine said premises of said licensee in connection therewith;
3. To receive complaints that any of the provisions of this chapter, or any rules or regulations adopted pursuant hereto, have been or are being violated and to act upon such complaints in the manner hereinafter provided;
4. To examine, or cause to be examined, under oath, any applicant for a local license or for a renewal thereof, or any licensee upon whom notice of revocation has been served, or any licensee against whom a citation proceeding has been instituted by the state of Illinois liquor control commission; to examine, or cause to be examined, the books and records of any such applicant or licensee, and to hear testimony and take evidence for use in the performance of the commissioner's duties, and for the information of the commissioner to issue subpoenas which shall be effective in any part of this state. Other persons may be designated by the commissioner to take action for the purpose of obtaining any of the information desired by the commissioner under this section;
5. To report to the village board from time to time actions which have been taken to grant or deny liquor licenses or to penalize licensees. (Ord. G-570, 5-14-1996; Ord. G-671, 2-13-2001)