Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Buildings and land shall be used, and buildings shall be designed, erected, altered, moved and maintained, in whole or in part, in a Commercial Service District only for the following uses:
(a) Main Uses Permitted. General services and sales, if conducted wholly within enclosed buildings, and to the following extent:
(1) Cleaning establishments, such as laundries, dyeing, dry cleaning, carpet cleaning, towel supply and auto wash establishments;
(2) Establishments for food and drink preparation for consumption on- or off-premises, such as restaurants, cafés, diners, catering, bakeries, canning, freezing, refrigeration, roasting, ice manufacturing, bottling works and creameries, not including bars, taverns or similar establishments.
(3) Repair establishments for automobile engines and electrical and household appliances;
(4) Repair and sale of buses, trucks and machinery;
(5) Shops and offices of carpentry, electrical, masonry, plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, painting, ornamental iron, roofing and sheet metal contractors; packing and crating; monument works; and offices for manufactured products;
(6) Sale of new lumber and other building materials, public utility materials and equipment;
(7) Veterinarian's office, animal hospitals and kennels; and
(8) Commercial greenhouses.
(b) Similar Main Uses Permitted. Any other service or wholesale or manufacturing use not listed above or in any use classification of a subsequent district, if considered and found similar by the Planning Commission according to standards set forth in Section 1262.08.
(c) Accessory Uses Permitted.
(1) Storage of materials and products only within buildings, and processes clearly accessory to the main use, provided that such a use has no injurious effect on adjoining districts.
(2) Industrial, project, real estate, identification and directional signs, as set forth in Chapter 1284.
(3) Accessory off-street parking and loading facilities as required and set forth in Chapter 1282.
(Ord. 1988-174. Passed 10-17-88; Ord. 03-89. Passed 10-21-03; Ord. 04-134. Passed 9-7-04.)