Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Building Commissioner shall suspend for a period of thirty days (30) any license issued pursuant to this section upon any one or more of the following grounds:
(1) The licensee, any employee, agent, or any other person connected or associated with the license as a partner, director, officer, stockholder or manager, or any "person financially interested" as defined in section 874.01, has violated any provision of this chapter; or
(2) The licensee knowingly allowed an employee to violate or fail to comply with any section of this chapter.
(3) The Licensee or his agent refused to allow an inspection of the licensed business as authorized by this chapter.
(b) The Building Commissioner shall revoke or deny a permit if it determines that:
(1) A licensee or any other person connected or associated with the licensee as a partner, director, officer, stockholder or manager, or any "person financially interested" as defined in section 874.01 knowingly has made a material misrepresentation of fact in the application for any license required in this chapter.
(2) The licensee has been convicted, subsequent to the issuance of any license of a crime which is either a felony, or a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude or any other crime as stated in the application.
(3) The licensee has violated a provision of this section in conducting a prohibited activity pursuant to this chapter.
(4) The licensee is a corporation and is not or is no longer qualified to transact business in the state of Ohio.
(c) The Building Commissioner shall notify the licensee in writing by mail to the address as shown on the application or otherwise more recently of record, of the reason(s) for any denial, suspension or revocation.
(d) Any denial, suspension or revocation of a new or renewal license under this chapter may be appealed to the Board of Zoning Appeals by written notice within ten (10) days of such denial, suspension or revocation. Unless the applicant requests a longer period, the Board must hold a hearing on the appeal within 14 days and must issue a decision affirming or reversing the denial, suspension, or revocation within 5 days after the hearing.
(e) Any decision by the Board of Zoning Appeals shall be a final appealable order and the applicant or permittee may seek prompt judicial review of such administrative action in any court of competent jurisdiction.